An open letter to my friends on the state of online content

Carly Pearce and Chris Burkmenn on the set (Feb 2015)


Dear Friends,

I am truly grateful to have each and everyone of you as a friend. I value our relationship and truly celebrate in the moments that we have had and the moments that are coming.

I wanted to take this time and share with you what it is I am doing. What my passions are and what I feel my strengths are in my life.

If you didn't know it, I am an entrepreneur that has worked very hard in developing projects in Nashville. Much for our entertainment, videos for you to watch(thecbex.com), games for you to play (#WhereinNashvilleisChris, #25DaysofEllen.)

It takes a lot of work an innovation for the team that is The CBEX. We work very hard and take countless of hours producing content for your enjoyment.

It's truly a passion of mine to interview new and upcoming artists in the great city of Nashville. We empower them by providing an interview and performance. These are names and faces that you may or may not have heard of before. That doesn't mean that they are not worth your time hearing or seeing.

My question to you is, have you ever had a chance to watch an artist feature on thecbex.com? To me it is a sad time in the world when sitting and watching a 6 min video is too long. The perception that short videos are the best and that people do not have the attention span to watch them makes me frustrated.

They are works of art on display for the world to see. If you only knew the countless hours that Alison Goedde and Andy Burchett work to help in delivering the content for our enjoyment.

My letter to you today may seem driven out of frustration, but it is driven out of love and hope.

My point in writing you this open letter today is that you consider investing more time in quality content. Allowing yourself to learn and grow about what young and innovative people are doing.

So often we see and associate people for what we are told of them, but not often allowing ourselves to invest and grow with what these people are doing.

This letter is not a woe is me, because I am living my dreams here in Nashville. I am hosting a show that I truly believe in and that I am confident in the direction it is going.

It is a message of hope that we don't allow ourselves to become shallow in the instant access we have to online content. And in return being the people who have seen something posted, but never taken the time to watch it because it is "too long."

I do want to also say thank you for time you have sown into my projects, thank you for the countless times I have asked for you to share, watch, or like my posts. I know you have a busy life and it may take a little time from you, but I do pray that your time be multiplied.

Let us believe in good content and watch it!

Your friend,

Chris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement is like Water to the Soul, it makes Everything Grow

Timing is Everything in Life